Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Grandpa Hanks is 90!!

My Grandpa (my mom's dad) had a 90th birthday party while everyone was in town for Thanksgiving. His actual 90th is today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!!
We got a fun family picture taken while we were ALL there!








Here is my Grandpa with my mom and her sisters, Annette, Julie, and Sylvia.









My Grandpa has always been very special to me. We have always had a really close relationship and I count him as one of my best friends in this world. He is an amazing person. He has that rare, incredible quality of making everyone feel like they are #1 on his list. No one ever left his presence feeling anything but good.
I remember my Grandma and Grandpa visiting us when I was younger and he would always talk to me about being good to my mom. I knew she was important to him. He would also always offer me a quarter if I had my shoes straightened in my closet. He had a unique way of making work not seem like work.
As we celebrated my Grandpa's birthday, it was so fun to see person after person come through the door the entire 2 hours of the party - and he was worried that no one would come (the rest of us knew better).
Anyway, I consider myself and my family very lucky to have Grandpa Hanks in our lives. He is a blessing to all of us.
We love you Grandpa!!

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

I love how close Grandpa Hanks is with his grandkids. We are excited to see everyone Christmas Eve, are you guys planning on being there?

The Eight Family said...

We will probably not come up until after Christmas - it is too hard for us to haul all of Christmas up there for all 5 kids. So, we will just be here for Christmas and then come up when we can. When are you guys going to be there?

J said...

Thanks for the post on your grandpa. I am always inspired by wonderful men like him who have a personal touch with children and others in their lives. What a great man.