Thursday, January 8, 2009

CHRISTMAS!

I am not going to bore you all with a long entry...
I know it is late, but I wanted to include a little about Christmas.
We have had tons of snow here this season.  It has been so much fun (even the shoveling has been a good workout).



Christmas Eve was filled with:

7-layer dip for dinner (special request of the kids).



New PJs for the kids.







Feeding the reindeer.

The nativity story and stickers.





Christmas morning was fun too (especially since we didn't get up until 8a.m., and we had to wake up Abby at that!!  Abby got her dolls, Bryant got a basketball game, Tyler got a new bike, Emma and Grayce got some tents and tunnels and bears too!




We stayed in Utah for Christmas. A couple of days after Christmas we went to Idaho for about 5 days.
It was full of fun visits with family and friends.
We went sledding - a special request of Bryant and Abby's.





We had fondue - a family tradition for the Axford's on New Year's Eve and we had a game day with cousins and grandparents.




Gram and Papa made Clam Chowder for Bryant (his favorite).
I also decided to try to expand my limited knitting abilities so Nick's mom is teaching me hats and socks!  Stayed tuned - I will let you know if they actually turn out wearable!
It was a lot of fun - from which we are still recovering!!!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Wow, looks like tons of fun! All that good food makes me hungry too! I love Clam Chowder, Seven layer dip and fondue! As far as your blurred background question...it has to do with the aperture. The wider it is (ie the smaller the number)...the less depth of field you end up with...or the less that is in focus. Depending on the lens, you can open up to about 1.4, but you have to be careful because in closeups, you'll only get one eyeball in focus. Hope that makes sense. Mostly you need a bright lens (one that will open up (aperture) to around 2 or so.)

J said...

Oh, what a fun time. I had heard that you guys were getting a lot of snow. I love the bears for the twins. The seven layer dip is great. Our Christmas eve tradition is pizza that looks like Santa. I am glad you all had a great Christmas and everyone got what they wanted.