Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Trip to the Hospital


Yesterday we had to admit Grayce to American Fork Hospital. She has RSV, pneumonia, and a sinus infection. She is on a lot of oxygen right now and that is the main thing they are trying to manage. She is on a good antibiotic for her bacterial infection. The doctor says she can go home when her breathing/lungs sound better and she doesn't need oxygen. They want her on no more than .25 liters/hour of oxygen - she was up to 2.5 liters/hour. So, we could be here for a while. Nick and I think that she is going recover quickly and will turn a corner soon.
It is absolutely no fun having a child in the hospital. It has to be the hardest/saddest thing ever. She can't leave her room, so that has been hard on her too. They had a really hard time getting her IV in because she was dehydrated and little. They finally got it in her foot. So, that has been interesting too. My heart breaks for her everytime I think about it.
Needless to say, our world has turned upside down these past couple of days. We went from a regular visit to the doctor to a long-term (at least for us) stay in the hospital. We just keep talking about how grateful we are that it is only RSV and not something more serious. We'll keep you posted as the days go on.

5 comments:

April said...

Lisa, I am so sorry to hear about Grayce. We will keep you guys in our prayers. In the meantime, is there anything I can do for you? Please let me know.

Annette said...

Lisa, Hope that Grayce improves quickly. It's so sad to see little ones that sick. Wish we were closer to help you out.

Monica Buchanan said...

I am so sorry. I will keep her in my prayers. Hang in there.

Erika said...

Oh, Lisa...I so feel for you and it does totally stink. I hated watching them do all that with Squire also. That picture brought back lots of memories! We'll be thinking of you. Hospital stays are no fun, you will definitely be in our prayers. Good luck!

crumbcrunchersmom said...

Glad she's making a great comeback - we love you guys!