Monday, February 23, 2009

Lights, Camera, Action!!

First, let me preface the next couple of posts with a little information.  Right after Christmas our video camera (of 12 years) broke on us.  After much trying - poking, prodding, and a few love taps, we said our last goodbyes and tried to figure out a good way to get 12 years of video off of the tapes that we had accumulated.  Thanks to my sister and her hubby, we are using their camera to transfer all of our years of memories.
Then, the decision.  Well, really there was not a decision to make.  There is no way I could possibly live without being able to capture the moments that we get every day as parents of small children.  They are too priceless.  So, out came the wallet and into our home came the new HD video camera - that I love!!  It is amazing what 12 years of new technology will get you.  I am doing things with my camera now that I wouldn't have thought possible 12 years ago.  It is great!!
Anyway, needless to say, we will now be able to easily add (which is why I haven't done it to this point) video clips to the blog.
The first honorable clips are a little old (January), but nonetheless deserving.  
1 - Abby decided that she wanted to shovel the snow for us ... in roller skates (how else would you do it?).
2 - Abby and Bryant have both been involved with city basketball teams.  Nick has been coaching Bryant and so when I go to the games, I get the great honor of sitting with the other 4 kids.  Most of the time, Abby and Tyler are great.  However, it sometimes get to be a challenge having to entertain Grayce and Emma.  We got creative!!!

1 comment:

J said...

Ok, that is some of the most original footage I have ever seen. I love the skates and the shoveling and who thought to give babies water spray bottles? Brilliant.