Friday, September 30, 2011

Tragedy Struck....Grayce and Emma found the scissors!!! - April 2011

I know it happens to everyone, but that didn't make it any easier when it happened to me. I came home from a meeting and found Nick sitting at his computer working and Emma and Grayce missing huge chunks of hair. After claiming complete ignorance to their mischeif, I calmly ;) assessed the damage. As I began sifting through their hair with my fingers, I kept pulling out chunks of hair. My breathing got shallower, and my heart starting beating faster. Soon, I got to the front of Grayce's hair. My discovery depleted every ounce of hope that we could just "cover this up." Right smack in the front of her forehead, cut down to the scalp, was a large, uneven area with missing hair. I was sick. Upon investigation, I discovered that the two of them had given each other a hair cut. Grayce too the scissors and cut pieces of Emma's hair and then Emma reciprocated and did the same to Grayce. Apparently, Emma thought the front of Grayce's hair was most appropriately cut. My choices were limited...either shave them both bald (which I seriously considered), or just leave it alone and let it grow out again. I decided on a mixture of the two. We went for our first visit to the salon!! Here are our results... (we also brought Abby along for a haircut too)

Grayce:









Emma:






Abby:

1 comment:

Erika said...

Oh why must kids do that? Why? I can't even tell in the pics though, so maybe you can hide it in real life? And my Noah just did that to the front of his hair. I kept looking at him thinking I must have done a crummy job of giving him a haircut...then the truth came out. Kids!